2019-04-15: Development Meeting¶
Kacper, Adam, Mihael, Tim, Mike L, Ian
- Fixes related to new Tale schema: Authors are now array instead of string (analyze in WT, exporting)
- PR Reviews
- Working on:
- 3rd party OAuth integrations (submitted PR to upstream Girder to reuse oauth_login)
- Adding entrypoints for repo2docker
- planning (see note from 04/10)
- Create Tale modal is finished (just the frontend piece)
- Fix bug in the girderfs (caching issue)
- Added an endpoint to drop DMS cache
- Talked to Craig about FlexVolume/CSI integration. Will continue to work on FlexVolume
- Work on deploying entire WT stack on k8s
- PR for Run view instance id -> tale id
- Start/stop button on “Run” view
- Placeholder for starting/stopping/stopped tales
- PR for minor UX improvements for notification stream widget
- Show/hide toggle button in navbar
- Badge displaying unack’d event count
- Placeholder if you have no events
- Currently reviewing Tommy’s metadata citation PR
- Craig seems to have mostly handled the review of Mike H’s Kubernetes proof-of-concept, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions
- Started talking about actual development strategies in Friday provenance call, but only Bertram, Matt, and I were present.
- Proposed we start discussing the conceptual model and implementation design for a common provenance store for a Tale.
- With a common model and store for all provenance related information we may capture, we can develop various means to gather provenance, query/visualize provenance, and export provenance while maintaining loose coupling of these tools.
- Provenance export format(s) need not dictate provenance store schema or technology.
- Need to get the provenance working group off the project critical path.
- I would like to have a provenance store, populated by whatever means, to query and demonstrate visualizations for.
- Question: If I were to provide a capability on the query and visualization side, what are the options for interoperating with a Tale or the WT system as a whole?
- Examples of visualizations that are possible: http://try.yesworkflow.org