2018-03-12 Development meeting¶
Kacper, Ian, Sebastian, Tommy, Craig
- Project updates
- Handling meeting notes
- Usability tests – what to do with the data?
- Design docs and feedback – Wiki vs wt-design-docs vs?
- Backup design review (how do we do reviews?)
- May be related to cpu/ram limits or celery worker isn’t running.
- Kacper: Adding registry to terraform deployment (currently setup manually on dev instance). Issued PR (not on board)
- Started to review Mike’s code related to home directories yesterday
- Problem with Circle CI integration, issues with code coverage reporting false values in PR from Sebastian.
- Craig: Backup (using rclone), integrated with Box (autoupdates auth token), first pass for review soon.
- How to propose design/architecture changes? (Kacper would prefer PR workflow, other options: Github wiki, pushing directly to wt-design-docs and interate afterwards)
- Software development process meeting tomorrow.
- Should we put meeting notes directly to GitHub (Kacper: I’d prefer yes)
- Ian: Meeting notes from UI team in Google drive https://docs.google.com/document/d/16tIFvqlUdz3ti5lHUCwdidA0iqkAITXpOg0kksT4ez8/edit#heading=h.lb4mxyqs201z
- Tommy: Has DataOne instance up and running. Copying data over to WT (http://22.214.171.124/).
- Done a little work with Girder to let user know when each file is processed (dashboard#122). Will submit new PR with code changes today.
- Good discussions with UI working group
- Writing up notes from last week
- Next meeting: 3/14
- Usability test feedback could be input into this meeting
- Will have first round of changes focused around making concepts consistent.
- Mike and Tommy have done initial tests
- LIGO tale is only production
- Image creation only on dev
- Home directories only on dev and now working
- Image creation will be a problem due to disk size
- What to do with the data?
- Synthesize into responses for each task
- Put raw versions on mailing list
- Tommy will synthesize and share as md in design docs
- At end of March – v0.1
- dashboard (stable, etc), girder_plugins,
- Previous release process assumed merging master into stable
- Most repos have two branches: stable > production, master > dev
- Could do this immediately – there will 2 weeks before new work on Dashboard. But things will change quickly.
- Wait for Mike’s changes?
- Dashboard has new things (creating images/recipes; access control) that shouldn’t be part of v0.1. We could disable the menu item.
- Do we want home directories in v0.1 at all?
- Initial integration tests
- What’s v0.2?
- Everything we showed at all hands
- Image building (well tested)
- Home directories (under development)
- Deploying registry in terraform (needs testing)
- Specific worker tasks
- Depending on outcome of UI, may include some UI refactoring
- More integration tests