2018-04-09 Development meeting¶
Kacper, Ian, Mike, Sebastian, Adam, Tommy
- Helped Logan Ward with creating “unofficial” Tale associated with his upcoming publication.
- Worked on documenting basics of creating a WT frontend.
- Working with the UI team on the re-design. Rachel created a survey for users, we’re sending it out to get feedback before taking the next step.
- Also did some testing with the iFrame as a P.o.C to see how it works before implementing the full feature.
- Tale workspaces are working now. Need some additional tests (related to auth, and password generation)
- (action item) KK: will deploy it to dev env, dev team will run rudimentary tests
- (action item) KK: will ask a couple users for feedback after initial test run by dev team.
- Attended UI team meeting on Wednesday-discussed the landing page for DataONE.
- Checked in with the UI team last week. We found that the best option would be to combine some functionality with the current modal with the compose dialog.
- Right now I’m working with the
d1_pythonlibrary - it looks like we can pass files to it to create a package. It also supports uploading the package to a DataONE node with x509 and JWT auth.
- Performance test for DataONE registration: 90% time is spend in validation procedures. Optimization would be a good subproject for an intern. In the meantime we can run thorough validation only if registration tasks yields any exception.