2018-06-18: Development meeting¶
- Development plan review
- Indicated delays for MVP (need 1-2 weeks testing/bugfixes)
- Need extra time for user documentation
- Craig, Kacper committed time
- Tutorial with screenshots is most important
- Globus integration - may move to v0.5 if needed, re-evaluate next week or so
- UI re-design sprint (on track; sprint ends 6/22?)
- Functionally complete
- Getting some new widgets working as well (e.g., lists, menus to restyle, file browser)
- Environments edit/delete discussed during UI meeting (not part of MVP). New images can be postponed until v0.7.
- Working Group Workshop in September
- Big 10 Conference Center, 9/13 - 14
- Based on v0.5 release, including publishing to DataONE
- v0.4 release (MVP - 6/29/2018 -> 7/15/18)
- What do we call it (alpha, beta)?
- No one disagreed with calling it “alpha”.
- Workspaces were disabled in v0.3 and we need to test before determining if supported in MVP
- Documentation review
- Discussion of whether the UI has any features that will not be part of MVP
- eScience Workshop on Research Objects
- Kacper - Working on allowing multiple folders for tales. Return a non blocking job for instance creation.
- Craig - v0.3 deployment to staging with migration (identified/resolved new issues); worked with GoDaddy support (no resolution) on DNS problems; started looking at documentation tasks
- Damian - Working primarily on the run side of the application (launching tales). Will integrate Kacper’s change regarding multiple folders to the UI.
- Mihael - Working on globus transfer code.
- Sebastian & Adam - Worked on the mini file browser. Additional work on instantiating tales. Looking at how state is shared between the UI panels.
- Tommy - Working on saving the repository that the recipe is created from. Reviewing status of development and working on the publishing modal. Also got the
d1_pythonlibraries working/properly integrated.