2018-06-25: Development meeting¶
Kacper, Tommy, Craig, Mihael, Sebastian, Damian
- Sprint ends tomorrow
- Last thing is instantiating tales, but lots of minor things. Will add these to the next sprint.
- Look at the Invision doc as the source of truth – to test and confirm that it’s implemented as expected.
- Discussion of arranging time to demonstrate MVP for feedback from PI team.
- v0.4 – first build targeted for 7/8.
- Environmental variables can be passed to a running Tale, using containerConfig.environment (wholetale/girder_wholetale#102, whole-tale/gwvolman@b4c068a0). This will enable iframeable Tales that are independent of deployment URL.
- Tales accept multiple sources as input data (whole-tale/girder_wholetale#98)
- WT Homes/Workspaces support moving data to other assetstores (whole-tale/wt_home_dirs#9)
- Working on tests for whole-tale/girder_wholetale#100 takes much longer than I’d like.
- No directly WT work this last week
- Working on abstract for ResearchObjects 2018 conference. Mostly about DataONE and packaging but crosses over with WholeTale. I’ll link the abstract here once drafted today. link to conf.
- Starting to work on user documentation
- Starting to develop Postman tests – initially for stress testing, but may also serve as preliminary integration tests
- Q: Does it require healthcheck endpoints? A: It’s not necessary, postman serves as a healthcheck itself.
- Implemented check_mk test for tale creation
- Q. Home directories? A: Users will be able to select files/folders from home directory during compose. A “snapshot” will be created of those files for the lifetime of the tale (becomes immutable in tale, but could possibly be updated via API).
- Comment: Ideally we can use RO paper as input into publisher working group.
- Working on the transition between tale creation and the run page. (Action Point: KK will deploy PR100 on dev deployment manually)
- Working on Globus integration; potentially see GitHub activity in a few days
- Working on transitions between various panels, need to use browser storage due to crossing views
- Created the tale.yml file and merged two metadata files into it. The PR is in GitHub.
- The ‘file paths’ (the directory structure) is complete; we should be able to “reconstruct” the FS in a way that the tale can run.
- 90% of repository saving complete-testing plan for the worker?
- Working on full use cases (Run page to DataONE and then back to WT)
- Updating publishing & Serialization UI
- Planning to do some UI testing
- Adding licence to tale during publication