2019-06-17: Development Meeting¶
Craig, Tommy, Kacper, Adam, Mike H., Tim, Mike L.
- KNB & Arctic Data Center are ready to enable the
Launch in WTbutton ([name=Tommy])
- While re-testing it, I noticed that we have two progress bars (the one on the compose page + the notification panel).
- These aren’t completely in sync; the New Tale Modal (NTM) would presumably fix this?
- I can give them the OK, or hold off until we deploy 0.8
- Once the button is deployed on the two member nodes above, the DataONE leadership team will review it before deploying to
search.dataone.org, which is the main portal
- Noted a few bugs in the comment here while testing 0.7 ([name=Tommy])
- Are any of these worth issues?
- Synced with Matt (he’s back from vacation)
- I was out on Friday
- Waiting for the author of the data+code for new tales to get back (I need the script order and more information about which data files are actually relevant)
Launch in WTbutton with Matt & DataONE folks (see Agenda)
- Staying at Hampton Inn; feel free to text (831) 206-7112
- v0.7 testing, release, deployment, demonstration
- UW/eScience Institute workshop: presentation, 3-hour hands-on
- 4 attendees in our workshop
- PR review (copy on launch, run view)
- Met AMC in silico Plants journal about pilot with WT
- Met with Odum/Core2 team to see status of platform
- Dataverse updates:
- support for “importing Binders”
- support for hierarchy inside datasets
- Properly identify DOI for the root of a globus ds [#312]
- Use a dedicated token to intialize GirderClient in jobs. [#311]
- PR testing
- Dataverse updates:
- Mike H
- fix outstanding bugs with k8s work
- added documentation (README.md)
- Also related https://github.com/whole-tale/gwvolman/tree/dev-kube-2.0
- Mike L
- PR for improving polling behavior in the dashboard
- Fixed merge conflicts/issues on stale PRs
- Need to merge “Copy on Launch” into refactored Run view branch
- Restyling notifications on the back-burner for now, barring major issues - seems “good enough” for now, “Past Event” stuff on hold pending backend changes
- Reviewed “Copy on Launch” PR
- Looking forward to talking about provenance features and connecting user-oriented functions to development plans.