Features and Limitations¶
Key system features of v0.4:
- Authentication using Globus Auth
- Ability to compose and run tales using Jupyter and RStudio environments
- Ability to compose tales using data from published sources via HTTP URL or Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Note that with this release, DOIs are only supported for DataONE and the Materials Data Facility (MDF)
- Ability to share tales with users in the system
- Home directories (personal data shared across tale environments)
- Local registry of Docker images used in the system
- System monitoring and daily backups of user data
- Ability to publish tales via DataONE and Globus Publish
- Framework for tale validation
- Ability to create and remix tale environments
For a complete list of current and planned features, see the release schedule.
- The Whole Tale dashboard works best in Chrome. There are known issues in Firefox.